2022 Fall Board Meeting
SSSGL - Fall Board Meeting
October 4, 2022 - Houston Hall
Call to Order: Dave Elzemeyer called the meeting to order at 10:00am.
Members Present: Dave Elzemeyer, Keith Limbacher, Tony Virgalitte, Bob McConnell, John Boal, Pat Rochford, Mike Crookston, Joe Miller and Chuck Wilson.
Food Committee: Floyd Crognale – (Turnover to Terry Avant for 2023) – Not Present.
· Leach’s rate for 2023 should be provided to Bob McConnel as soon as available.
· 2023 Committee Members – To be named.
Tournament Committee: Mike Crookston – (Turnover to Joe Miller for 2023)
· 2023 Committee Members – John Boal, Keith Limbacher, need one more.
· Play Day formats in 2023; keep simple A, B, C, D.
· Consider $490 for Play Day Prize money vs. $450.
· Modify Bylaws to play in one Play Day per season.
Website: Duane Powell (Backup, John Eichenlaub) - Not Present.
· Pictures from Breakfast Meetings & Play Days need to be taken & posted to the website in 2023.
Statistician: Mike Spurlock (Backup, John Eichenlaub) – Not present.
· 2022 Statistics were presented at the Members Breakfast.
Starter Committee: John Boal – (Written procedure given to Dave Elzemeyer for 2023)
· New volunteers to learn in 2023 for 2024. Will announce in the Spring Newsletter and then approach individuals one-on-one to volunteer. Volunteers will be needed for blocks of time in 2024 since Tom Golenski will not continue then on Wednesdays & Fridays.
Nominating Committee: Len Klein (2023 John Boal)
· John has several candidates in mind and will talk with them early in 2023 to become the 2024 Vice Chairman.
Membership Committee: Roger Taylor – (2023 Len Klein) Not Present.
· Roger has forwarded, via e-mail, the Membership Chairman’s Checklist to Len Klein and all Board Members.
· Suggestions to attract new Members; “Bring a Friend”, flyers & business cards to our courses, driving ranges, VFW halls, retiree/senior centers, etc. Guests can play 4 times.
Treasurer: Bob McConnell – (2023 Pat Rochford backup; will become Treasurer in 2024)
· For 2023 – Member Dues $30, New Members $30 + $20 Initiation. (No change)
· Breakfast at Houston Hall - $11. (change)
· Play Days - $10. (No change)
· Final 2022 Financial Statement will be prepared by mid-January 2023.
· Written Treasurer’s Turnover document has been prepared.
· Bob will schedule an appointment for 2023 Officers signatures at Huntington Bank. (For Tony, Bob, Pat and Chuck.)
Secretary: Chuck Wilson
· 2023 Newsletter – Initial draft submitted 9/28/2022. Based in input, final draft will be prepared for the Board’s approval on 2/1/2023 and sent to all Members on 2/11/2023.
· New Member Application – Revised format submitted 9/28/2022 to the Board. Format was approved and will be submitted to Duane Powell to post to our SSSGL website by mid-October.
Chairman: Dave Elzemeyer
· Written Turnover document; will review with Tony Virgalitte.
· Tony has confirmed 2023 League play with Good Park and Loyal Oak and will finalize Chenoweth during the next week.
· Keith Limbacher will be copied by Tony on all Board e-mail correspondence.
· Turnover Documents – Should be maintained in one location. At the Spring Board meeting consider making this the Secretary’s responsibility.
· Bylaws changes – Changes will be proposed at the Spring Breakfast; “recommend that each person play a minimum of 15 times” & “recommend that each player play in at least one Play Day per year”.
· Blind Bogey – Consider changing this to $1.00 or eliminate the game. Review with Membership at the Spring Breakfast.
· Winter Board Meeting – Not required. All topics will be reviewed by the Board via e-mail.
Next Board Meeting: Tuesday, April 4, 2023 after the Member’s Spring Breakfast meeting.
Adjournment: Dave Elzemeyer adjourned the meeting at 11:15am.
(Minutes prepared by Chuck Wilson October 4, 2022)